Checklist for colocation.
Guide to help businesses avoid missing out on critical considerations for long term business strategies.
DigiPlex has today launched a detailed and clear resource for businesses of all sizes who are looking to upgrade their data centre strategies. The expert provider of innovative, secure and sustainable colocation and data centre solutions is releasing this guidance to address 10 critical areas where a gap in knowledge can significantly impact data centre and business decision making.
“According to IDC, 65% of European CEOs are under considerable pressure to deliver a successful digital transformation strategy to become a digital enterprise. The data centre sits at the core of this challenge as a critical strategic concern and opportunity for competitive advantage and sustainability.” says Gisle M. Eckhoff, CEO DigiPlex. “Data centres can be owned and operated in many ways, and there has never been a more important time to review and evaluate which options are best for you.”
In this downloadable whitepaper, DigiPlex has put together a checklist that covers the 10 most critical considerations for managing data centre and colocation services. These points have been carefully chosen as the most essential to offer a route to business’ success in an ever-evolving digital world.
In the whitepaper DigiPlex explores:
· Alternatives to running your own on-premises data centre, and the different levels of involvement required.
· How a focus on sustainability could boost your bottom line and your brand.
· Why resilience against physical threats is just as critical as protection from digital ones.
· How answering demands for outstanding performance and customer experience are enabled through the right colocation partnership.
“Regardless of your industry, your current level of digitalisation or how you currently house and manage the data necessary to operate your business, taking an honest look at your data centre requirements and options regularly is critical to long-term success. Gartner predicts that by 2025, 80% of enterprises will migrate entirely away from on-premises data centres, a huge leap from the 10% who fit that mould in 2018. This trend is just the inevitable outcome of the migration of workloads to colocation sites, remote hosting and the cloud, resulting in the closure of traditional on-premises data centres,” continues Gisle M. Eckhoff.
“By putting such a vital part of your business in the hands of a professional partner, you are able to free up capital, releasing valuable resources such as innovation budget and facilities. The high level of service you can secure with the right provider allows you to increase focus on your core business and its future”, concludes Eckhoff.
10 things to consider when choosing a data centre or colocation solution:
1. High reliability – the importance of location, design and operational setup
2. Ability to release investment budget for innovation – a matter of survival
3. Predictable operating costs – the value of predictability
4. The level of certified renewable electricity used – tick the box
5. High energy efficiency – the need to be sustainable
6. Effective heat recovery – innovation with many benefits
7. High level of physical security – prevent, detect and delay
8. Proximity to end-users – new demands on high performance
9. Proper connectivity – the needs are limitless
10. A relevant data centre ecosystem – interconnection is key